PUREDIA SEABERRY® OMEGA 3 DHA + ALA POWDER
The seed contains all the good stuff contained in the berry itself, but in a super concentrated form: vitamins, minerals, polyphenols, flavonoids, and omega -3,-6,-9. By adding DHA found in Algae Oil, it creates a complete omega 3 profile of both DHA and ALA from each of these vegan sources. While DHA is good for the brain and eye development, particularly for infants and children, ALA is great for cardiovascular support in regulating cholesterol.
Sea Buckthorn is one of the best sources of clean omegas—3-6-9—which equals heart, digestive, and anti-inflammatory benefits. While necessary for the body’s healthy functioning, these fatty acids are relatively rare, although Sea Buckthorn seed oil contains them in a nearly perfect proportion to one another. The combination of seaberry omegas and multi-vitamins have stabilized the omega 3 from the algae oil, making it more potent and safe to digest. Taking the omega 3 DHA + ALA powder is a great way to make sure that your body is adequately supplied with these critical fatty acids and antioxidants in just the right balance. It is also great for kids, contributing to healthy development in a tasty way.
1. Shivani Chauhan, C.V., The Profile of Bioactive Compounds in Seabuckthorn: Berries and Seed oil. International Journal of Theoretical & Applied Sciences, 2012. 4(2): p. 216-220.
2. EU Register on nutrition and health claims. 2016; Available from: http://ec.europa.eu/food/safety/labelling_nutrition/claims/register/public/?event=search.
3. Shi, J., et al., Protective effects of seabuckthorn pulp and seed oils against radiation-induced acute intestinal injury. J Radiat Res, 2017. 58(1): p. 24-32.
4. Basu, M., et al., Anti-atherogenic effects of seabuckthorn (Hippophaea rhamnoides) seed oil. Phytomedicine, 2007. 14(11): p. 770-7.
5. Xiao, M., et al., Influence of hippophae rhamnoides on two appetite factors, gastric emptying and metabolic parameters, in children with functional dyspepsia. Hell J Nucl Med, 2013. 16(1): p. 38-43.