Echinacea Extract (Powder)
Echinacea (E.) purpurea is one of the most widely known herbal medicines in American folk herbalism. Used extensively by traditional herbalists and Native Americans alike in North America for generations, Echinacea eventually gained popularity across Europe in the 1900’s. One of its main uses is to support healthy immune function, although many of its historical uses were related to topical applications. It is now one of the most available dietary supplements in health food stores and continues to be a subject of many scientific studies investigating its immune support properties. Echinacea supports healthy immune system functioning, depurative, vulnerary, lymphatic, sialagogue *
1. Blumenthal M, G.A., Brinckmann J, Herbal Medicine: Expanded Commission E Monographs2000: Newton.
2. Kindscher, K., Medicinal wild plants of the prairie. An ethnobotanical guide1992: University Press of Kansas. 3. Foster, S., Herbal Renaissance1984: Peregrine Smith Books.
4. Upton, R., Echinacea. HerbTV, 2014.
5. Gilmore, M.R., Uses of plants by the Indians of the Missouri River region1991: U of Nebraska Press.
6. Kerry Bone, S.M., Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy: Modern Herbal Medicine2000: Churchill Livingstone.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.