ALGIA OILPuredia Algia™ DHA is produced from microalgae, which is a natural and pollution-free vegetarian source of Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). DHA is a polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid (PUFA) found throughout the body. It is a major building block of brain and eyes. It is also a key component of the heart. Various research studies have confirmed that everyone, from infants to adults to the elderly, can benefit from a regular intake of dietary DHA. There are also many health benefits of DHA suggested by European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Features:
- The microalgae are grown in a controlled environment. Algia™ is produced under Good Manufacturing Practices environment.
- Vegetarian and sustainable source of DHA
- Suitable for infant formulas, vegetarians, and some religious group
- No concern for heavy metals, PCBs or other toxins
- Maintains normal brain function
- Maintains normal vision
- Promotes cardiovascular health
1. Bernstein, Adam M., Michael F. Roizen, and Luis Martinez. “Purified palmitoleic acid for the reduction of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and serum lipids: a double-blinded, randomized, placebo controlled study.” Journal of clinical lipidology 8.6 (2014): 612-617. 2. Sinn, Natalie, et al. “Effects of n-3 fatty acids, EPA v. DHA, on depressive symptoms, quality of life, memory and executive function in older adults with mild cognitive impairment: a 6-month randomised controlled trial.” British Journal of Nutrition 107.11 (2012): 1682-1693. 3. Stough, Con, et al. “The effects of 90-day supplementation with the omega-3 essential fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) on cognitive function and visual acuity in a healthy aging population.” Neurobiology of aging 33.4 (2012): 824-e1.